Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Change-Up

The Change-Up (2011)
This was actually a pretty good movie!  To be completely honest, the main reason I wanted to see this was because I love Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman.  The basic premise of this is that it's an R rated (or unrated) version of Freaky Friday.  The two guys switch places and crazy things ensue.  It was written by the same guy who wrote The Hangover and directed by the same guy who directed Wedding Crashers so it was bound to be funny.  And it was definitely funny.  The two main guys together were pretty great and I would love to see them do something together again.  I wasn't a fan of The Hangover or Bridesmaids (maybe I just don't have the right sense of humor) but I do love Wedding Crashers, Old School, movies like that so I enjoyed this.  It has just enough gross-out humor where it doesn't seem like that's all they're doing but it also has some cute funny moments, for example, when Jason Bateman's character is interacting with his kids, those are some pretty funny scenes, especially the opening scene (I don't want to ruin it for you, but if your gag reflexes are triggered easily you may want to look away)!  Overall I would recommend this, especially if you like to have a good laugh or two!

XO,
 Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment