Friday, May 11, 2012

One Missed Call. Rose Red.

One Missed Call (2008)
Seeing that this movie only got one star and a 3.4/10 rating on IMDB I really had no idea what it was going to be like. And honestly, it wasn't that bad. Don't get me wrong, there was a lot of room for improvement but overall I actually enjoyed it. There were a few creepy parts which I always enjoy and the scares didn't really seem cheap. I know this was a remake of a Japanese movie and I haven't seen that one so I can't really compare the two but that one got a 6.2/10 on IMDB so obviously viewers thought that one was better. If you enjoy these kinds of movies I would suggest it, but don't expect any sort of award winning film.

Rose Red (2002)

I have seen this so many times it's ridiculous so I had to do a review of it! This was originally a Stephen King miniseries in 2002 and that's when I first saw it.  I loved it then and I still love it. If you are a Stephen King fan then this is a must see but even if you're not I would still recommend it. It has all the creepy chills that I good horror movie should have and though some of the special effects are lacking it doesn't really take away from the movie, it was made for TV after all so you can't expect much. After this was on TV it came out on DVD and I used to rent it all the time and a few years ago I bought it on the internet and watch at least a few times a year. I can't really tell you why I love it so much there's just something about it. I love horror movies that take place in creepy old homes especially when that home is the haunted part. The plot is about a Professor (Nancy Travis) who loves all things paranormal and loves the history of this house and she takes a group of people who all have some sort of sixth sense and they try to awaken the house and they do just that.
  Obviously I would highly recommend this and I'm sure you can get it from most libraries or on Netflix so go and check it out!

XO,
  Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment