Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Dream House

Dream House (2011)
Boo. That's pretty much all I have to say about this movie. I didn't really know much about the story of this but I saw it at the library the other day and decided to check it out. Basically this movie is Shutter Island with a different cast and title. I love the movie Shutter Island so I felt like this was a major rip-off of that. Dream House stars Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz, and Naomi Watts; Daniel and Rachel are a married couple who move into a seemingly normal home only to have strange things start to occur pretty much right away. Naomi Watts plays the neighor who seems to know more than what she lets on. The twists and turns start and the story changes completely from what you thought it would originally be, hence the Shutter Island reference. If you've seen Shutter Island then you will understand what I'm talking about. This wasn't even scary which was a bummer and the story at times didn't make sense. I honestly don't think I would recommend this because after I watched it it just seemed like a waste of time and it was over before you knew it.

No comments:

Post a Comment