Friday, June 8, 2012

Session 9. Hot Tub Time Machine. Hatfields and McCoys.

Session 9 (2001)
Weird. That's really all I can say about this movie. Session 9 was actually recommended to me by imdb.com when I was looking up another horror movie. I really like that it recommends things to you now (it goes by what you're looking up and then suggests things that are similar to that). I had never heard of this until then and it sounded like something I would like so I ordered it from my library. I had no idea what to expect from this and I still really don't know what I got from it. It was filmed as if it was a documentary so that gave it kind of a cheap feel but it worked. I love movies that take place in mental hospitals (don't ask me why) and that's exactly where this took place. Basically this movie is about a group of guys who go into the abandoned mental hospital to clean up the mold and mildew and that kind of stuff and as soon as they start working there weird things start to happen. You never actually see anything it's more of just a creepy feeling movie which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't and I'm not sure it worked here. The end of the movie had a good twist to it though and I definitely didn't see it coming. Not sure I would really recommend this because for me it wasn't scary enough but if you like the creepy stuff then this might be your kind of movie.

Hot Tub Time Machine (2010)

To be honest, the only reason I rented this was because I love John Cusack. Other than that I really had no idea what to expect. I thought this was going to be really stupid just because of the title but I actually really liked it. It was pretty darn hilarious and I love anything that has to do with the 1980s. The plot of this movie is that a group of 40 something year old guys and Cusack's nephew go to a ski lodge for a weekend and somehow they travel back in time to the 80s after getting into a hot tub. Chaos ensues. I liked that this was raunchy and that they didn't use 20 year olds. Rob Corddry (What Happens In Vegas) was absolutely hysterical in this which is no surprise since he is just that. Cusack was as adorable as always and Craig Robinson (The Office) and Clark Duke (Greek) who very funny also. This movie is not to be taken very serious so please don't watch it with that in your mind. It's just a funny, raunchy comedy with some good music. I recommend it!

Hatfields and McCoys (2012)
Ok so I'm ashamed to say that I knew nothing about the Hatfields and McCoys but after seeing commercials for it and Kevin Costner doing talk shows I decided I wanted to check it out. Well I was pleasantly surprised! I actually loved it! It was a three part miniseries on the History Channel and it had all the characteristics of a big screen movie. It had the perfect amount of drama, action and romance to keep me paying attention and the story really captured my interest, even to the extent of looking it up online. I'm probably in the minority with not knowing about this story but I was immediately drawn to it. And I loved the love story between Johnse Hatield (Matt Barr) and Roseanna McCoy. And Matt Barr was very, very sexy in this:
                                                       Enough to make you watch it?
Not sure if you will be able to rent this or not but I know it was being put on DVD so if you didn't catch it on TV I highly recommend renting it!

No comments:

Post a Comment