Friday, July 13, 2012

2012.The Uninvited.

2012 (2009)
John Cusack. Yep, another movie I rented because of my love for John Cusack. I'm a big fan of the movie The Day After Tomorrow so I was hoping this was going to be similar. It kind of was but I felt more like it didn't make a ton of sense. It just seemed like the world started going crazy at the beginning but there wasn't really a reason as to why and I'm not a huge in-depth person kind of person but I needed a little more clarification. The special effects were pretty good but it was almost a little too far-fetched. Once they got to the "ark" it was strange because I felt like it was more of a UFO and that it kind of got more sci-fi for my liking. John Cusack did a good job though so that was a plus. If you like the disaster/action type movies then I would suggest this but if you don't really care for that kind of stuff then I would say you should pass.

The Uninvited (2009)

So as you know by now I am a big horror movie buff which is why I rented this and it did not disappoint. It wasn't a fast moving moving and in all honesty it was more of a thriller/mystery movie rather than pure horror but it was supposed to be creepy and it succeeded. The Uninvited is good in that creepy, wait for it kind of way instead of being filled with blood and guts and it really was creepy. The movie focuses on two sisters, one of whom just got released from a mental hospital and how they cope with the death of their mother and their father moving on to a new woman so fast (who has already moved in). As the movie goes along we find out the new girlfriend's intentions aren't so kosher and the girls start to realize that they may be in danger. I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone who hasn't seen it yet but the end has a pretty great twist that I didn't see coming and it really turned the movie around. It's one of those ones that after you watch it and realize what really happened (like Shutter Island) you want to watch it again to see if there are any clues you can pick up. If you like creepy movies then this is for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment