Friday, November 4, 2011

Movie Time!

So here are a few reviews from a couple movies I've seen recently:
Paradise Lost: (1996):
In case you don't know this is a documentary about the West Memphis Three murders from the early 90's.  Three teenage boys are charged with the murder of three little boys and are all sentenced to life, except for Damien Echols (the one in the middle) who gets the death penalty.  There was never really enough evidence to prove they committed the crime & over the summer they were let out after admitting to the crime in turn for their freedom.  I never really thought they did it (other evidence pointed to one of the boys stepfather) but I guess we'll probably never know.  But the documentary shows & details the trial of all three boys and interviews with them right after being charged.  It's very interesting to watch & I would recommend it if you're into crime tv & things like that.

Take Me Home Tonight (2011):
I am actually just finishing this, literally, right now!  I know it got some poor reviews but I didn't think it was that bad.  I am a big fan of 80's movies & this is a great throwback to those.  Topher Grace is great in the lead role of Matt & Dan Folger as his best friend is pretty hilarious.  The movie was a little slow moving but it had its moments & the music was great!  (I'm pretty sure I am the only person around who loves 80's music)!  If you like 80's movies/music then you should check it out!

The Conspirator (2011):
I really only rented this because I am a huge fan of Norman Reedus (above).  The movie is about the assasination of President Abraham Lincoln & those convicted of his assasination.  I wasn't really aware that a woman was convicted & actually put to death for allegedly being a part of the conspiracy to kill him.  Norman Reedus plays one of the men convicted of the conspiracy & I thought he was very good in it, though he didn't have much in the way of lines but that's neither here nor there.  Robin Wright played Mary Surratt the one woman convicted & she did a great job, it was a very emotional role & she played it spot on.  Evan Rachel Wood as her daughter was also excellent.  If you are into history or even if you aren't I would highly recommend this!

XO, Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment