Friday, November 4, 2011

Some new Fall shows

Some reviews of a few new Fall shows:
The Walking Dead (AMC)

Again something with one of my favorites Norman Reedus (as Daryl Dixon).  I didn't watch the first season but I rented it over the summer & watched it & couldn't really get into it.  But I started watching the second season from the beginning (premiered in October) & I am absolutely loving it this season!  I really have no clue why but I look forward to it every Sunday.  I have never been into the whole zombie craze, never really watched any movies & I don't think they're scary & I don't think The Walking Dead is very scary but there's just something about it this season.  From what I hear it got picked up for another season so it looks like I'm not the only one hooked this season.  Plus the Daryl Dixon character is very badass & very sexy!  Please tell me I'm not the only one :)

The Secret Circle, Ringer, American Horror Story

Ok so The Secret Circle (The CW) is my new obsession.  I love spooky kinds of stuff but have never been into much witchy stuff (other than The Craft) but something in this show has me totally hooked.  The story is intriguing & the actors on the show are very good, especially the one who plays Adam (the second picture), Thomas Dekker.  Very great performance plus the show just got picked up for another season so super stoked for that!

Ringer (The CW) is a slightly different story.  I like the show but I find it to be a little scatter brained.  The story is interesting but pretty confusing if you haven't watched it from the start.  I'm not a big fan of Sarah Michelle Gellar, I don't think she's that great of an actor but she's good for the role I suppose.  The show is about twins, one which dies & the other then takes her place & obvious issues ensue.  Like I said if you haven't watched it from the beginning you'll be pretty lost if you try to catch up now.

American Horror Story (FX) is very, very, very different.  Personally I don't think it's scary at all just very screwed up.  The plot is basically about a family who moves into "the murder house" after the husband has an affair.  I'm not sure if it's supposed to really be scary or what exactly they are going for but some of the storylines are just way out there.  All the actors do a very good job, especially Jessica Lange who plays the crazy neighbor.  I've never seen her in anything before but she is really great as the kooky character.  Plus Dylan Mcdermott is crazy hot!!

Xo, L

No comments:

Post a Comment